5 Tips to Get Better Photos – New Video Series

By |2018-11-25T20:15:53+00:00Nov 26th, 2018|

I’m excited to share my latest video where I share 5 tips to get better photos. At this point, you probably know that I am a big fan of post-processing and stylization of my photos. I love practicing all of those fantastic techniques on my images as much as I love sharing the process with all of you. However, before you can even think about whether to apply split-toning or how much sharpening you need, you’ve got to take a strong photo. That’s what this video is all about. Actually, this is the first in a new series of videos to focus on different ways we can approach the composition of our photos. With each video, I’ll share a collection of photos that illustrate what I’m talking about and explain why I think it’s important to practice. As always, I love hearing from you, so leave a comment below or contact me with any questions!

I’d also love it if you’d click on the YouTube Subscribe button below to get notified of all my new videos. Thanks so much for all of your support!

1. Ted Simard November 26, 2018 at 8:11 am - Reply

H Brian, thanks for the way you presented these tips with actual photos and comments. This was a great reminder of things I know but forget to do too many times. It reminded me to slow down and try different approaches to a single situation.

2. Richard Bourdeau November 26, 2018 at 8:49 am - Reply

Loved the tips. Many thanks.

3. Steve Director November 26, 2018 at 9:56 am - Reply

Great video and set of tips. I would suggest putting up a summary in text at the end of the video with your 5 tips listed.

4. Maureen Ravnik November 26, 2018 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Great tip video, Brian. Do you have any general tips for determining what speed to have your camera on? This is a little difficult for me especially when time is of the essence. What speed do I set the camera at when I encounter moving subjects? I know there are no hard and fast rules but maybe you have some thoughts on this?

5. Fred Krieger November 26, 2018 at 1:42 pm - Reply

Thank you for another great tutorial.

6. giannini November 26, 2018 at 2:54 pm - Reply

Yes. Very interesting It is much more helpfull than the others video. Thanks a lot

7. Gina Hildreth November 26, 2018 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Hi Brian! Thank you for the wonderful tips. Btw I enjoyed reading your article, “Photographing Urban Landscapes” in Digital Photo. More power to you.

8. brakes007 November 26, 2018 at 7:43 pm - Reply

Great, sensible tips, presented with good images to demonstrate your points. Looking forward to the next one, Brian.

9. Jorge Moredo November 27, 2018 at 1:21 am - Reply

Great tips! Thank you. A lot to think about.

10. sharlotte November 28, 2018 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Great information and thank you for sharing.

11. Stan Jernigan December 12, 2018 at 1:26 pm - Reply

Hi Brian, Have been following you as far back as your early days as an instructor at On1. Thank you for the tips and reminder that we can all fall into the trap of just photographing and not thinking enough creatively or how we can see or make the scene better. Thanks for sharing. Warmly…