Welcome to a new episode, friends! We’ve got one that’ll make your blood boil a bit. Unless, of course, you don’t care about copyright protection for photographers getting tossed into the garbage. Then, you may coast through this episode cool as a cucumber. But, our hunch is that this is a topic that’s important to all of you. Our first story involves a judge who had a wildly dubious opinion on the use and enforcement of copyrighted photos, and whose ruling could have serious repercussions for photographers down the road. Fortunately, there has been no shortage of people blasting the judge for the myopic opinion. We’ll see what happens there. Our second story is all about photographers doing dumb things and is sadly laced with some tragic news as a result. Still, we turn things around with a happy and cheery dose of “What’s on Your Gear Shelf?”, so all is well. We promise.
- Court Rules Copying Photos Found on Internet is Fair Use [via PetaPixel]
- Judge Rules Photographer Can Sue University Claiming ‘Sovereign Immunity’ in Copyright Case [via F-Stoppers]
- Photographers Who Think The Rules Don’t Apply To Them [via DIYPhotography]
- 3 Travel Vloggers Killed After Plunging Off Waterfall [via PetaPixel]
- Adventurers killed in Shannon Falls tragedy shared joys of travel online [via CBC News]
What’s On Your Gear Shelf?
Brian: JOBY GorillaPod 5K Kit. [via Amazon]
Sharky: Nikon BS-1 Hot-shoe Protection Cap [via Amazon]