Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias postslider not found.
Maybe you mean: 'clean-news-post-based12' or 'blog-landing-page-slider' or 'image-hero16' or 'post-featured-image-slider' or 'page-featured-image-slider'

Is It Worth Switching To Adobe Lightroom CC?

By | 2018-01-22T23:49:18+00:00 Jan 9th, 2018|

Ever since Adobe announced the changes to Adobe Lightroom, I’ve gotten tons of questions with a single common theme: Is it worth switching from Lightroom Classic CC to the new Lightroom CC? In order to answer that question effectively, I decided to fully immerse myself in the process of migrating from one platform to the other and have committed to do so with my entire photo library. In the process of doing so, I learned a lot about what’s involved, including the benefits and shortcomings. In this video, I go over what these pros and cons are along with variables that you should consider before making the switch. Ultimately, I have been very happy with my decision and believe that this is the direction that Adobe is going with photography, so why not be on the frontlines of change? Take the time to watch the video and don’t hesitate to leave any questions, comments, and concerns. Also, if you aren’t already a subscriber to Adobe Creative Cloud, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

While you’re at it, I’d love it if you’d click on the YouTube Subscribe button below to get notified of all my new videos. Thanks so much for all of your support!

YouTube Subscribe Button

1. Jacques MAES January 15, 2018 at 5:06 am - Reply

Hi Brian, I’m using the Adobe Photography plan and have the following question about cloud storage in Lightroom CC. With 0 images loaded in Lightroom CC on iPhone, iPad, MacBkPro and the Web version I still use up to 36.21MB of cloud storage. Is this normal or is this cache storage? How may I clean this out? Many thanks in advance for your reply.
    Best regards, Jacques
    PS: I appreciated very much your video

• Randy Photography January 15, 2018 at 9:11 am - Reply

36 mb, isn’t much storage… I wouldn’t worry about it…it’s probably just underlining files for your account.

2. Brenda Jones January 15, 2018 at 9:05 am - Reply

Hi Brian, great video, thanks. Quick question. When uploading files to the cloud for use in LRCC, what happens if my computer goes to sleep? Do I need to keep my computer awake the whole time it is uploading? Or alternatively, will the upload stop when my computer goes to sleep and restart when the computer wakes up?
    thank you.

• Randy Photography January 15, 2018 at 9:12 am - Reply

I would turn off sleep mode until the upload is finished, although if your hard drive(s) are actively working it shouldn’t go to sleep.

3. Randy Photography January 15, 2018 at 9:15 am - Reply

Brian, I’m trying CC and not Classic, one of the issues I have it lack of communication from Adobe. Unlike Luminar, On1, etc… they encourage communication and provide feedback on upcoming features and what is currently happening with their products. I don’t think there is anywhere on Adobe site to see that…unless you know of something. I’m currently going to try my full CC plan with 5TB of storage and see how it goes.

4. James E. Weaver January 15, 2018 at 1:04 pm - Reply

Can you remove photos from the cloud from within CC?

• Randy Photography January 15, 2018 at 6:53 pm - Reply

5. Hank Huyser January 16, 2018 at 6:58 am - Reply

Hey Brian! How ya doin’? Miss talkin’ to ya, as if you didn’t know! ;-) Anyway, very informative “beginnings” of your LR Classic vs. CC. I din’t finish the rest of the video yet were you begin to show your migration process. I am NOT migrating at all to CC if I can help it, even as I “load up” apps and files onto my new laptop PC. Your “con” item on buying into the ecosystem of Adobe is one of MY peeves also. In particular, just as with Amazon’s Alexa, Google’s voice, or whatever is the “Amazon” equivalent is, and Apple’s version–even Siri, as much as I need it while driving–I feel my privacy is being compromised very much. Adobe gets to know all my “personal” photos, my interests in photography by virtue of seeing my files, etc. I get the feeling of the “Facebook Syndrome” where Zuckerberg lays claim on all of the files, conversations, posts, etc. as his personal property as per the agreement one would have to comply with in order to “share”. Moreover, with all the hacking” going on the world–and, you KNOW it’s there all over the world, whether “news-ed” or not, I don’t relish the idea of having my files stolen. That’s why I’m not on Instagram either. I read about a hacker in Belgium, I think, who stole a photo on Instagram, called it his own, and sold a copy for thousands of dollars. With the insistence of Adobe that we “migrate” (and I constantly get reminders in my notifications from Adobe CC Manager that I have “updates”), I may get away from Adobe altogether. The ONLY reason I have the $10/month photo version is to use the LR cataloging system–LOCALLY. I DON’T CARE ABOUT BEING IN THE “CLOUD!” with the exception that I utilized LR for minor exposure corrections, etc. I found myself, over the past three years or so, using the workflow of the new raw system from your former employer, ON1. ON1’s RAW 2018, and it’s companion ON1 Plus Pro “subscription” membership is process I want to convert to. I still have to get used to not needing to make a separate catalog name for each project I have. But, I think the pro to that is I don’t have all the subfolders to keep track of. Some of the inhibition from NOT understanding fully ON1’s way of nondestructive handling will be a learning process. But, ON1’s process leaves me out of the cloud, if I don’t want to be. I don’t want instant backup to a corporate giant’s file servers. And, that ends my soapbox sermon.

Thanks for all you do to keep up with your “Inspiration” posts. I love ’em and keep watching ’em!”

“Me”