Six Ways To Seriously Improve Your Photo Game in 2018

By | 2018-01-26T21:06:05+00:00 Jan 3rd, 2018|

If you’re anything like me (that’d be tragic, really), you’ve probably made one resolution or another that has to do with improving your photography this year. It may involve taking stronger photos or something as simple as taking more photos. I know that 2017 was the lightest year in almost a decade for the number of photos I’d taken. I simply didn’t travel as much as I had wanted to. But, all of that is in the past and now is the time to make preparation for 2018 and beyond. To help you on your quest for photography growth, I created this video with six tips that I genuinely feel will improve your photo game. I rely on them all the time and I hope they prove helpful to you too. Watch it and let me know what you think in the comments.

While you’re at it, I’d love it if you’d click on the YouTube Subscribe button below to get notified of all my new videos. Thanks so much for all of your support!

1. Ruth Drews January 31, 2018 at 8:47 am - Reply

Brian…..enjoyed your recommendations….

2. Ted Simard January 31, 2018 at 10:20 am - Reply

Hi Brian, these are good suggestions for breaking out of a rut and finding new approaches to viewing our surroundings.

3. guillermo giannini January 31, 2018 at 6:11 pm - Reply

thank you very much. Too much interesting

4. Ulrich Tutsch January 31, 2018 at 7:30 pm - Reply

Great video and awesome tips. RE: infrared. I’ve been shooting IR for a couple of years now. My first taste came in the analog days, but I didn’t use it because of scarce availability of IR film. Developing was another bear, but also focusing. With digital, it’s a joy to experiment. I always carry my IR camera with me. B&W is my favorite.

5. John Wearing February 1, 2018 at 4:08 am - Reply

Thanks Brian, six excellent tips covering a range of ideas designed to get us out there to enjoy our photography again, doing different things, following a period of inactivity and boredom, which was the case with me.

6. Sandy Stolzman February 1, 2018 at 10:15 am - Reply

Thanks Brian. I’m a new follower but enjoyed ur inspiration and willingness to share.

7. Phil Cunnington February 1, 2018 at 2:22 pm - Reply

Thanks Brian. Great tips to kick off and rejuvenate the start of a new year.

8. John Dornellas February 1, 2018 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Brian, Thanks for the inspiration I will be trying several of your suggestions.