It’s sorta wild that we’ve made it to Episode 15! You could say we’ve quindecupled our episode output. In this episode, we tackle a story recently shared on PetaPixel about a photographer who used a national home improvement store location as the set for a photo shoot. The results turned out beautiful but there were some larger questions about whether it should have happened in the first place that we wanted to bring up. It’s a solid story and we think you’ll enjoy it. That’s followed by the first in what we’re hoping is a growing series that we’re calling #AskNNPS. We received a thoughtful question via Twitter from a listener and we felt it was certainly worth a segment on the show. We’re hoping that you take advantage of this by tweeting us your own questions or topics using #AskNNPS. We’ll happily cover our favorites, so keep the suggestions coming!
- Our first story begins with a post that the original photographer and post author, Jenna Martin, shared [via PetaPixel]
- Sharky brought up that the story had been shared over 53,000(!) times since recording. It has been re-shared over 59,000 times as of drafting this post.
- The story had also been picked up by global news outlets, including in the UK [via the Daily Mail]
- While we shared our thoughts on the matter, we both agreed that Jenna is a helluva photographer and we would like to share her amazing underwater photography [via Jenna Martin Photography]
- The hosts then segue to the first in a new series called #AskNNPS. Show listener, Martin Greenaway, tweeted to the hosts about their thoughts on upgrading to a new camera system after outgrowing an existing entry-level setup [via Twitter]
What’s On Your Gear Shelf?
Brian: DJI Osmo Mobile Stabilizer [via Amazon]
Sharky: Anodized Red Lizard Custom Soft Release Button [via Amazon]