Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me? Brian kicks off Episode 5 with some good ol’ rage over the devastating fire surging throughout Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge that was caused by some punk kids. This leads your hosts to share some more particular ridiculous things that photographers have done in their quest for social media fame. Changing gears, Sharky and Brian chat about Apple’s recent iPhone X announcement and how the iPhone has taken the spot as the de facto smartphone camera in almost all cases. Finally, a health dose of “What’s On Your Gear Shelf?” rounds out this episode.
- The show kicks off on an edgy note with Brian expressing some rage over the massive fires currently burning through Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge as a result of some punk kids setting off fireworks [via Willamette Week]
- Brian also expresses his wish that these kids would be charged as adults for the devastation they caused
- This leads Sharky to bring up the role that social media is playing here with photographers and personalities constantly seeking glory
- Some unfortunate and reckless events brought up were the Russian model hanging off of a Dubai skyscraper with no safety ropes [via PetaPixel] and a photographer who was fined $3200 for crashing his drone into Yellowstone National Park’s Grand Prismatic Hot Spring [via PetaPixel], just to name a few 😡
- Turning things around, Brian and Sharky talk about Apple’s big keynote event where new gear was announced, including the upcoming iPhone X [via Apple]
- Brian also brings up the striking timing of a story where a photographer used an iPhone to create an expansive series of portraits used by Time Magazine [via PetaPixel]
- Click here to watch the video of this episode
What’s On Your Gear Shelf?
Sharky: Gaffer Power gaffer tape 🤔 [via Amazon]
Brian: Really Right Stuff MTX Multi-Tool [via B&H Photo and Video]