5 Things to Consider When Buying A Mirrorless Camera

By | 2014-12-03T17:07:40+00:00 Dec 3rd, 2014|

With the recent release of my new eBook, Moving to Mirrorless, my good friends at Wacom asked if I would write an article talking about things that people should consider when buying a new mirrorless camera. The timing of this article is especially good because we’re rapidly approaching everyone’s favorite gift-giving holidays. So, I wrote this article with these hopeful photographers in mind. I hope you find the information useful and informative. As always, don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or comments.

1. […] post 5 Things to Consider When Buying A Mirrorless Camera appeared first on Brian Matiash […]

2. Joe Azure December 3, 2014 at 5:23 pm - Reply

Oh .. I am considering!!! I need to plug all the numbers into my business plan spreadsheets and all that stuff and figure it out :)

3. Brian Matiash December 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Do it, Joe Blue!

4. Justin Van Leeuwen December 3, 2014 at 6:29 pm - Reply

A7r2 just sitting on my hands over here.

5. Simon Pollock December 3, 2014 at 6:36 pm - Reply

Funny story Brian… (well, kinda)

Was seconding a wedding last weekend, now I use the 35 on the a7 and my 5dmk3 with a 70-200 (and a couple other primes) and when I popped the Sony out to grab a quick group during the ceremony, the groom looked at it, screwed up his face and said “Sony! don’t they make walkmans!” …its been a running joke since – quite funny!

Good article, cheers.

• kellydazet December 4, 2014 at 4:57 am - Reply

Simon,

:-) For any readers who have not read Gary Friedman’s book on the Sony A7 and A7r in his intro “A7/A7 in a Nutshell” he lists who these cameras are for follow by (direct quote from the book):

“Notice I didn’t say “Wedding Photographer”. Although these cameras are ideal for shooting wedding photography (small, lightweight, and outstanding image quality), the reality is that wedding photography customers won’t take you seriously. Rightly or wrongly, normal people have no idea what wedding photographers actually do. They just think the pictures come out nice because the photographer has a big camera. So you will lose this battle. I used to shoot weddings professionally, so I have special insight.”

I see you have already found that out! :-) BTW, I believe I read somewhere, that Sony has sold of the Walkman trademark in the process of unloading some not so profitable product lines . I would guess to some Chinese company. :-)

Regards,

Kelly

6. Brian Matiash December 3, 2014 at 6:49 pm - Reply

Prepping for ‘the stranger’ tonight, Justin?

7. Justin Van Leeuwen December 3, 2014 at 6:49 pm - Reply

It’s like a whole other person!

8. Justin Van Leeuwen December 3, 2014 at 6:56 pm - Reply

Is “the stranger” like a metaphor for going mirrorless?

9. kellydazet December 4, 2014 at 5:01 am - Reply

Very nice article, Brian! Really enjoying your Blog!

10. Susie Newcomer December 7, 2014 at 6:36 am - Reply

Congratulations on your new book!