Announcing the new eBook: Moving to Mirrorless!

By |2014-11-11T13:30:23+00:00Nov 11th, 2014|

SIGN UP TO DOWNLOAD MOVING TO MIRRORLESS FOR FREE

I’m really excited to announce the release of my very first self-published eBook called Moving to Mirrorless. A little over a year ago, I began my transition of moving away from my dSLR camera equipment and onto the Sony mirrorless ecosystem. When I shared my progress, I got TONS of questions from people who were curious about the process. After spending a great amount of time using this camera system all around the world and in all sorts of environments, I knew it was a great time to share my story. So, I thought it’d be a perfect opportunity to write an eBook about it and give it away for free!

To get your own copy, just sign up for my newsletter. I’ve been working really hard to make sure that the emails you get as members of this list are thoughtful, engaging, and full of educational content. I felt there was no better way to illustrate that than by giving away this eBook and I look forward to sharing much more content of this nature with all of you!

1. Roman Kruglov November 11, 2014 at 9:33 am - Reply

While i have been on mirrorless for last 3 years, this is a great resource, so thank you for this :)

2. Cynthia Pyun November 11, 2014 at 9:35 am - Reply

Yeah a way to get your info easily…and yes, you KNOW I read them :) congrats!

3. […] Brian Matiash SIGN UP TO DOWNLOAD MOVING TO MIRRORLESS FOR FREE I’m really excited to announce the release […]

4. Todd Sipes November 11, 2014 at 9:47 am - Reply

Congrats, buddy! Really looking forward to digging into this.

5. Brian Matiash November 11, 2014 at 10:01 am - Reply

Thanks much, y’all! Good times!

6. Benjamin Wong November 11, 2014 at 10:02 am - Reply

Interesting. I’ve been contemplating the move too

7. Brian Matiash November 11, 2014 at 10:03 am - Reply

Maybe this book will help you finalize that decision, Benjamin Wong! You know you can always reach out offline if you’ve got questions, etc.

8. Kate Hailey November 11, 2014 at 10:04 am - Reply

I’ll check it out. I just did the transition to Fuji myself. Will rent DSLR’s when I need them, but for the day to day, my bum shoulder is thankful! ;-)

9. Cynthia Pyun November 11, 2014 at 10:05 am - Reply

I start renting a couple to try out in a few weeks :)

10. Sanjoy Moulik November 11, 2014 at 10:29 am - Reply

I am already subscribed to your list; how can I get the book?

11. Sanjoy Moulik November 11, 2014 at 10:33 am - Reply

Ignore my previous comment; I got an email with the link to download.

Thanks!!

12. Jeff Arrington November 11, 2014 at 11:08 am - Reply

Utah on the cover? Thanks so much Brian for the Great info!

13. Sharon Furner November 11, 2014 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Having just rented from Lens Rental a Sony 7 R, your gift of a free e-book was perfect timing. Thank you for such a gracious opportunity. I, too, have Canon L lenses and using an adapter finding them hard to work. Your information is most helpful and tomorrow I try again. Next to learn how to sell camera and a few lenses to finance the Sony !!! But that is another story. Beautiful book layout, easy to read, understand and gorgeous photography.

14. Jonathan J Goody November 11, 2014 at 2:28 pm - Reply

Cynthia Pyun tell me how it goes. Better yet, let’s go shoot and test them.

15. Cynthia Pyun November 11, 2014 at 2:44 pm - Reply

I am renting thanksgiving week, Jonathan

16. Robin Black November 11, 2014 at 3:58 pm - Reply

Just took a quick look–that is a fantastically in-depth e-book, Brian. *hat tip* Well done!

17. Brian Matiash November 11, 2014 at 4:03 pm - Reply

Much obliged, Robin!

18. Maki Silberberg November 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm - Reply

This is only gonna make me REALLY REALLY REALLY want a mirrorless, isn’t it? *starts letter to Santa*

19. Jenny Kim November 11, 2014 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Congrats, Brian! :)

20. Brian Matiash November 11, 2014 at 10:06 pm - Reply

Thanks much, Jenny! :)

21. Vivienne Gucwa November 12, 2014 at 1:11 am - Reply

Congrats!!

22. Ian Wilkinson November 12, 2014 at 1:15 am - Reply

Already a convert but no harm in seeking further justification for the switch :)

23. […] cameras, you’ll want to check out Brian Matiash’s brand new (and free!) ebook, Moving To Mirrorless. All you have to do is sign up for Brian’s newsletter, and you’ll be able to download […]

24. Chris Gibbs November 14, 2014 at 7:25 am - Reply

Great ebook, especially enjoyed your architectural shots, cheers!

25. john4jack November 14, 2014 at 10:10 am - Reply

A very generous gift. It certainly seems to be the wave of the future. If I were younger, I probably would consider it. Fortunately for me, what I have is working very well for me.

26. Dan Dolar November 15, 2014 at 10:26 pm - Reply

Great book! I recently transitioned from a Canon 7D to a Sony a6000 kit and I love it! Question, what handstraps are featured on those a7 bodies in the book?

27. […] So please visit Brian’s website to download your free copy. […]

28. […] Moving to Morrorless (by Brian Matiash) […]

29. Mike G January 25, 2016 at 1:42 pm - Reply

Hi Brian, I saw the headline when my PhotoNetCast podcast showed up in Overcast. I went to find out the scoop and proceeded to sign up for your newsletter on your web site (looks like it has some great content – I’ll explore later). But instead of your eBook on your switch to mirrorless all I saw for download was “Stories from the Lens”. Perhaps your channels are not all in synch at the moment.

I may be at the mirrorless crossroads. I got back into photography a few years ago after a long hiatus. After a year of doing OK in local camera club competitions I fell like I want to upgrade my hardware but need to decide to either stick with Canon or make a move. I am not very heavily invested right now, but I feel that this next step may lock me in for a considerable time. So I was looking forward to your perspective – especially after another podcast made me think that it may be too soon to make the switch.

• Mike G February 2, 2016 at 2:07 pm - Reply

Found it – had to go to the store and download it (for free so far).