Sun explosions

By | 2014-08-16T12:17:26+00:00 May 25th, 2014|
No doubt that this was the prettiest damn sunset I’d ever seen. I was extolling the beauty of White Pocket during last night’s Drink and Click with Elia Locardi and Naomi Locardi when I realized that I hadn’t really edited many photos from this area in a while. It was time to rectify that this AM. I took this photo with my Sony A7 and Canon 15mm Fisheye Funkbuster lens. All editing was done in Lightroom 5.4.

1. Elizabeth Tavarez May 25, 2014 at 10:16 am - Reply

lindo

2. Robin Griggs Wood May 25, 2014 at 10:21 am - Reply

Yum, Brian!!

3. Lurdes Alves May 25, 2014 at 10:23 am - Reply

Superb +Brian Matiash h

4. Ray Harris May 25, 2014 at 10:52 am - Reply

Great capture!

5. graça sacadura May 25, 2014 at 11:28 am - Reply

wow!

6. Rasool Baniasadi May 25, 2014 at 12:04 pm - Reply

stone Crocodile

7. Aurora Rodriguez Gonzalez May 25, 2014 at 12:41 pm - Reply

Una explosion de luz y color, pero también de vida

8. Örjan Gustavsson May 25, 2014 at 1:45 pm - Reply

+Brian Matiash This is a stunning image, but I think this is an example where google+ doesn't do the image justice.
    In the small version shown in stream the cliffs in the foreground lacks detail and contrast. Same in the full screen, but slightly better.

All this disappears when zooming into the image, then all the detail reappears.

I have seen this before when sharing large images. I sharpen all my images for the target resolution, and sharing large images makes them go sometimes really soft unless zoomed into to the max.

Sorry for getting up on the soap box in your image post, but it was a good example of what has been buggin me with the image viewer in g+

Oh, and did I say, it is a superb image :)

9. Brian Matiash May 25, 2014 at 4:55 pm - Reply

+Örjan Gustavsson hmmmm, great feedback – apologies are never needed for it. I will bring it up with the engineers next week. We certainly want everyone to feel like their photos are displayed beautifully when shared here.

10. William Patino May 25, 2014 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Booom! What a sky!

11. Iryna Whaley May 25, 2014 at 9:32 pm - Reply

Like the flag of Ukraine !