Hooroo, Australia!

By |2014-04-12T16:07:38+00:00Apr 12th, 2014|
Well, today marks four weeks since I had left the Bay Area for a whirlwind trip to Tokyo and all around Australia. During that time, I was able to meet up with some great old friends and take on some fantastic new ones. I even got to give a big hug to Gretchen Chappelle, a wonderful and artistic soul who I’ve known for a few years here on Google+ and was finally able to HIRL. I had the fortune of visiting some remarkable locations and even got to witness some of them under extremely rare circumstances. In all, it truly has been a memorable month and I sincerely want to thank Lauren Bath, Matt Glastonbury and the wonderful folks at Topdeck Travel for putting on such a great time. But now, I’m ready to kick off the 14 hour flight back home and see my family, get reconnected with my colleagues, and prep for the move back to Portland.

I hope you guys enjoyed the photos that were shared along the way. I promise there are plenty more to come! Now bring on the faster bandwidth – papa needs some fast intarweb speedz!

1. Matt Glastonbury April 12, 2014 at 4:11 pm - Reply

Terrific mate.. Wonderful having you!

2. Josh Haftel April 12, 2014 at 4:11 pm - Reply

Have a good flight +Brian Matiash! Hope the move goes smoothly :)

3. Gretchen Chappelle April 12, 2014 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Was great to finally meet you in person +Brian Matiash!  Thanks a million for all the time and energy you put into the G+ photo community. I'm sure you're  taking home heaps of great Aussies memories & that your next chapter in Portland will be one of the best yet!

4. Matty C Sands April 12, 2014 at 4:23 pm - Reply

Cop ya later. Thanks for coming (as I suggested the first time I saw your work, in comment on a piece called "Fire In The Sky").
    And thanks for showing us our home under a totally new and unique light.The Opera House shot above  defeats the purpose of my words. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Say hi to ya mum for me…

5. Lauren Bath April 12, 2014 at 4:29 pm - Reply

Don't leave!!

6. Paul Carmona April 12, 2014 at 4:32 pm - Reply

So great to catch up to you in person – what an awesome afternoon – it was True dinkum

7. Brian Bonham April 12, 2014 at 4:33 pm - Reply

Glad you had a great trip, now get your ass up here.  Sheesh.

8. Bruce Goren April 12, 2014 at 6:46 pm - Reply

Very unique and artful take on an architectural wonder we thought we'd seen before. Also enjoyed exploring the zoomed in details, thanks for uploading at full rez.  Back to Portland, what's the scoop? Hmmmm, Dan and Laurie touting Macphun, Brian on the move . . . is there a re-org going on here? I'm getting a bad feeling about this . . .

9. Brian Matiash April 12, 2014 at 7:02 pm - Reply

+Bruce Goren nothing to worry about :) I'm still very much employed by google with my same Global Photos Evangelist role. +Nicole S. Young and I just miss Portland too much and thankfully, I'll be able to work out of the PDX office and come down to MTV quite regularly.

Unfortunately, Dan and Laurie are no longer with Google but are onto new adventures.

10. Margot Neebe April 12, 2014 at 8:17 pm - Reply

See you in MTV! Safe travels

11. Reichlyn Aguilar April 12, 2014 at 8:28 pm - Reply

Misssss youuuu! Safe travels Bri, loves ya!

12. Arne Lepla April 12, 2014 at 9:07 pm - Reply

Picture…YES…Light…Graphics…Colors…Contrast…Atmosphere…) + COMPOSITION…

13. Mykal Hall April 12, 2014 at 10:14 pm - Reply

I really wish I was there with you guys. :( Have a safe trip back home +Brian Matiash.

14. Souri Sengdara April 13, 2014 at 1:48 am - Reply

Glad that you enjoyed Australia … safe flight home!

15. Stewart Hazell April 13, 2014 at 6:59 pm - Reply

It was finally great to meet you Brian, albeit very briefly! The Sydney photo walk was great but we seemed to lose everyone pretty quickly. We have to make sure we have a beer next time you are in the land downunder!

16. William Patino April 15, 2014 at 1:26 am - Reply