Oh what tangled webs

By | 2014-03-26T17:16:17+00:00 Mar 24th, 2014|
Just outside of Google’s Tokyo office in the Mori Tower of Roppongi is a giant spider. It stands watch, waiting for its next meal while protecting the area’s gentle denizens. She is not one to be toyed with and was gracious enough to pose for me. I was quick to get my photos and head off before she got hungry again.

In actuality, this spider sculpture is titled “Maman” by Louise Bourgeois. This photo was taken with my +Sony A7 and edited with Nik Analog Efex Pro.

Purchase this print

1. Lisa Co March 24, 2014 at 8:32 pm - Reply

Well done!!
    I had a difficult time composing the shot last time I was there. You are the pro. :-)

2. Aravind Krishnaswamy March 24, 2014 at 8:53 pm - Reply

Very cool and creative.

3. Brian Bonham March 24, 2014 at 9:44 pm - Reply

Dude, it's not often that I'd say your images might give me nightmares but if I have dreams of giant spiders taking over Portland I know who to blame ;-)

Seriously cool shot and a killer perspective.

4. Alexander W. Jandl March 24, 2014 at 10:05 pm - Reply

just superb!!!

5. Vincent Mo March 24, 2014 at 10:40 pm - Reply

If I was a giant spider I might like to eat Google brains too.

6. Brian Matiash March 24, 2014 at 11:11 pm - Reply

+Vincent Mo gBRAINZZZZZ

7. Oliver Kremer March 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm - Reply

Seems that those spiders like brainzzzzz. A while ago I met the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao/Spain. Lots of brain in there as well … artistical, technological, political brain, what have you. Look what you can find there … "https://plus.google.com/108599918913579303825/posts/dahryyBmXHJ".

8. Stéphane Jean March 25, 2014 at 2:06 am - Reply

Superb composition Brian, well worth risking you life for, I'd say! ;)