Fluidity in Tokyo

By |2014-03-20T19:34:47+00:00Mar 18th, 2014|
If there is a singular theme that I would tack onto my experience in Tokyo thus far, it’d be motion. The Japanese people here have a fluidity and cadence that is mesmerizing. I’ve made it my unofficial project to capture this fluidity and share it here.

I am joined my MTV colleague, Mark Louie, who had the great idea of taking advantage of us being awake at an obscenely early time and tour around Shibuya and Shinjuku, hence this photo.

I took this photo with my Sony A7 and the Sony FE 24-70. I transferred the full res jpeg via WiFi to my Nexus 5 and stylized it using VSCO for Android. This truly is where we’re going, friends. I’ve said it before, this workflow is exceptionally viable for the bulk of my image taking/editing/sharing purposes and if it helps me get a cool image out to you folks sooner, then even better. If you have any questions/concerns re: this workflow, I’d love to know. So would Aravind Krishnaswamy and John Nack.

1. Ivan Yudhi March 18, 2014 at 6:04 pm - Reply

I'm going there this weekend. Would love to hear your suggestions on cool photo spots :D

2. Ray Harris March 18, 2014 at 6:24 pm - Reply

And you captured the essence of it. :}

3. Darren Krusi March 18, 2014 at 6:37 pm - Reply

Please push for a Play Memories app to post to Google+ or auto upload to Google+.
    Looking forward to the rumoured RAW abilities in your next gen phones because that should mean the ability to PP RAW files on the go.

4. Matt Glastonbury March 18, 2014 at 7:01 pm - Reply

Absolutely Brian, we use Eye-Fi cards in the Nikon DSLR to acheive the same, or just shoot and edit completely on the mobile. I'm excited to see what changes are coming next year with connectivity!

5. Aravind Krishnaswamy March 18, 2014 at 8:17 pm - Reply

Looking forward to more thoughts from folks on their mobile workflows.

6. Mykal Hall March 19, 2014 at 1:13 am - Reply

It would be a great editing experience on the Nexus 10 V2… My iPad 1 needs updating and I'm holding my breath for the release. Oh while I'm putting my order in, I hope it works with LR + PS. Yeah I know I'm dreaming, but dreams do come true. ;)

7. Darren Krusi March 19, 2014 at 2:50 am - Reply

Built in camera remote apk. Either wired or wireless. Something that people and oems can work off to make an even better remote.

8. Aleksahdr Bud March 19, 2014 at 5:46 am - Reply

Отлично

9. Daniel Peckham March 19, 2014 at 11:36 am - Reply

Awesome! I was just there. Love that station. Thanks for the info on the workflow too.

10. Dennis Brockman March 19, 2014 at 8:48 pm - Reply

I asked this same question on another post. In case you don't see it I will ask again here. Brian can you tell us why you choose to shoot with the Sony A7 vs the A7r?