Radio Berlin

By | 2014-02-27T01:51:55+00:00 Feb 26th, 2014|
In terms of general city walkability, I’d say that Berlin ranks way up there for me. I had a wonderful time cutting up and down random streets, taking in the history, variety and beauty of the city’s architecture. From the area that I was exploring, The Fernsehturm was always easily visible. In fact, I played a game with myself to try and find the most compelling ways to frame the famed radio tower within my immediate surroundings. Once I came upon this street corner, with its colorful arrangement of building facades on the left and the tree branches on the right, I had found my photo. I like the way I was able to cradle the tower in between these two foreground elements while keeping it off-center.

For now, I’m visiting our Google Nik office in Lübeck but I’m really excited to roam around Hamburg in a few days before flying back home. I have to say – I am really hooked on Germany.

Purchase this print

1. Serap Yavuzbas February 26, 2014 at 8:24 am - Reply

Nice photo! and thx!

2. Adam Hoke February 26, 2014 at 9:45 am - Reply

Brings back memories of a past Germany trip before I was into photography. Keep these awesome shots coming +Brian Matiash!

3. Tanmay Patel February 26, 2014 at 10:11 am - Reply

There is an art in composition! Good one +Brian Matiash

4. Douglas Knisely February 26, 2014 at 10:31 am - Reply

I agree 100%, +Brian Matiash.  Berlin has got to be the most liveable and accessible city that I've ever visited, and what I love most is walking everywhere.  I also had the lucky experience of taking a boat tour through the many canals throughout the city, and it is amazing what you can see that way (especially architecture and history) — highly recommended.  I would move to Berlin in a heartbeat if a job arose, but it is not a good place for my industry.

5. Todd Sipes February 26, 2014 at 11:16 am - Reply

I friggin LOVE Berlin. Such a cool city! Make sure you goto the Holocaust Memorial.

6. Luis dos Santos February 26, 2014 at 11:25 am - Reply

good shot +Brian Matiash , it’s a nice framing for this landmark!

7. Brian Matiash February 26, 2014 at 11:25 am - Reply

Was a short visit, +Todd Sipes. The rest of the week is in Lübeck and hamburg. But I'll be back in April.

8. Bryan Conner February 26, 2014 at 12:16 pm - Reply

If you make it down to the Lake Constance area I will buy you a beer or dinner or both and can show you some nice castles to shoot.

9. Brian Matiash February 26, 2014 at 12:35 pm - Reply

+Bryan Conner very kind to you!

10. emee rose marcella March 4, 2014 at 12:07 am - Reply

come on, germany!!!,.. such a beautiful country..