Adieu 2013

By |2014-01-11T10:23:03+00:00Dec 31st, 2013|
One of my favorite things about this particular day of the year is getting to recount everyone’s meaningful moments from the year that is about to bow out. There is something cathartic about reading though your posts and reminiscing on all of your notable times and seeing your favorite photos. It also makes me eager to think about the times that are waiting to happen in 2014.

For me, 2013 brought about a medley of changes and the expected highs & lows. There was the rather massive live event of joining the amazing people at Google and moving to California. I’ve had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people, photograph new places, and continue my growth as a person, in general. I’ve also been really lucky to visit with old friends who I love very much and meet some wonderful new ones. In all, it is not lost on me at how fortunate I am and I will keep reminding myself of this so as to never take it in stride or for granted.

With that, I want to wish all of you a very happy, healthy and fulfilling 2014! I look forward to seeing all of your moments continue to unfold as the days, weeks, and months occur and go by. #HappyNewYear !!!

Purchase this print

1. Sandra Parlow December 31, 2013 at 11:06 am - Reply

Happy New Year, Brian!! ;)

2. Laurie Rubin December 31, 2013 at 11:09 am - Reply

Nice words and wonderful image +Brian Matiash! Getting to work with you and meet Nichole & Kodak has been one of my 2013 highlights for me!  :-)

3. Doug Dillon December 31, 2013 at 11:14 am - Reply

Wishing you +Brian Matiash and your family a wonderful and adventurous New Year!!! Thank you for all the wonderful photos you post!!! I've enjoyed so much experiencing this world we live on through your photos. You also share such wonderful descriptions of what you experienced in taking the photo. May you celebrate another trip around the sun on this crazy planet we live on!!!

4. Dave Bell December 31, 2013 at 11:14 am - Reply

Very lovely, +Brian Matiash
    Happy New Year to you too!

5. 張嘉群 December 31, 2013 at 11:16 am - Reply

我其實是真正死中苟活下來!!!要感謝誰?命運吧!!!

6. Brian Matiash December 31, 2013 at 11:18 am - Reply

+Sandra Parlow Right back at ya, homie. Thanks for the moose postcard, too! It'll don our fridge in 2014 and years to come!

+Laurie Rubin Same with you! You're such a special soul and I love that I have gotten to work closely with you. We've come a long way from talking about doing a Nik/onOne joint webinar a few years ago at the G+ Photo Conference! :)

Thank you for all of your constantly funny, warm, and kind comments, +Doug Dillon. I always look forward to them. I hope 2014 brings you nothing but happiness and success!

+Dave Bell Cheers to us being able to meet up again in 2014! It was so nice to shake hands in Vegas.

7. Paul Moody December 31, 2013 at 11:19 am - Reply

Happy new year. Looking forward to a whole year of your abuse : )

8. Sandra Parlow December 31, 2013 at 11:27 am - Reply

lol!   I feel honoured +Brian Matiash !! ;)    Moosie sends his regards too!!

9. Davee Zdanowski December 31, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

majestic

10. Marlene McGovern December 31, 2013 at 11:55 am - Reply

Aloha <3 Beautiful photo and… very thoughtful kind post. I love it!!
    2013, Oh… yeah.. Big highs & lows. But, still alive & kicking!! Looking forward to a brighter year.
    I agree about the people on Google. Really good laughs, some at myself for missteps & screw-ups. That is to say, conducting myself in a proper fashion can be frustrating when passionate about so many things in life. My stylus has a personality of its own. But I try to keep my side clean. :-D Happy New Year to you Brian and all your loved ones, family & friends. May 2014 bring you the very best!! Aloha <3
    Mahalo nui loa for sharing.
    Peace O:-)

11. April Hill December 31, 2013 at 11:56 am - Reply

Beautiful shot/work!!
    Happy New Year +Brian Matiash

12. George Fletcher December 31, 2013 at 12:17 pm - Reply

Very beautiful! Have a wonderful New Year!

13. Brian Matiash December 31, 2013 at 12:25 pm - Reply

+Paul Moody Why wait until next year? Give me a call and I'll dish it right now! Are you heading down to SC for tonight's sunset shoot?

Thank you so much, +Marlene McGovern – Keep conductin yourself in a proper fashion but not too properly. :) Happy 2014!

+George Fletcher Same to you, my friend. It was great meeting you a few months back. Let me know if you'll be visiting again.

14. Paul Moody December 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm - Reply

+Brian Matiash – yes, I think so. Not sure any clouds will be left by then. You?

15. Brian Matiash December 31, 2013 at 12:35 pm - Reply

+Paul Moody I am hopeful. I shot in Davenport yesterday and the clouds were awesome. Hope to see you there!

16. Niko Paulanne December 31, 2013 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Happy New Year 2014 +Brian Matiash! Love to see your work and the progress how they evolve better and better. :)

17. Nikhilesh Singh December 31, 2013 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Happy New Year! :-)

18. Kelly Ryan December 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm - Reply

amazing photo

19. Marlene McGovern December 31, 2013 at 3:03 pm - Reply

+Brian Matiash :-D XD Exactly.. Happy you understand :-D

20. DWI LAKSHONO December 31, 2013 at 3:32 pm - Reply

Happy New Yearl:)

21. Brian Bonham December 31, 2013 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Happy New Year brother! I look forward to more times together and more cutting threats.

22. Mariola Sampedro Laranga December 31, 2013 at 6:08 pm - Reply

Fantástico !

23. janith kumar December 31, 2013 at 7:58 pm - Reply

wow super!!!

24. Gplus Expertise January 1, 2014 at 4:21 am - Reply

Happy New Year!

25. Ryszard Gieroń January 1, 2014 at 6:18 am - Reply

Happy New Year from Dublin.