Me & my thoughts & the silence

By | 2013-12-27T11:09:20+00:00 Dec 27th, 2013|
I was looking through my folder of Ready to Share photos and realized that it had been a while since I posted a black and white photo and this one seemed to call out to me. I took it last month while visiting Oregon and was with +Nicole S. Young and +Jeffrey Yen at the time. We had scouted this area earlier in the day and returned to it just before the skies opened up with rain.

I had enough time to take about four long exposures with this last one being my favorite composition. In fact, I think you can even see the rain in the darker parts of the water’s reflection. I’m just thankful that, despite the rain, the winds were very mild and didn’t aid in moving the water or the dock.

1. Elizabeth Libra December 27, 2013 at 10:49 am - Reply

Beauty doesn't even start to describe this photo..-_- I am jealous..this is one of those photos I look at and think..This person beat me too it, I wish i had taken this..

2. Brian Matiash December 27, 2013 at 10:52 am - Reply

That is very kind of you to write, +Elizabeth Libra. Thank you! And I'm really glad you like the photo so much. :)

3. Elizabeth Libra December 27, 2013 at 10:55 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash I wouldn't have said it if I did not mean it.. Its not really kind of me to say in my opinion..Cause its only the truth..:) but your welcome. And really tis very beautiful..breath taking to say the least, shows a lot of emotion and melancholy in my eyes..but Its subjective I suppose..

4. Matt Macias December 27, 2013 at 10:58 am - Reply

Nice black and white! Is this Dexter lake?

5. Serap Yavuzbas December 27, 2013 at 10:59 am - Reply

It is simply "very nice"!

6. Brian Matiash December 27, 2013 at 11:00 am - Reply

+Matt Macias Check the photo details – I have the exact location data set.

7. Nicole S. Young December 27, 2013 at 11:05 am - Reply

cough cough +Brian Bonham

8. Matt Macias December 27, 2013 at 11:17 am - Reply

Ahh sweet, didn't know you could do that thanks!

9. Joe Sears December 27, 2013 at 12:50 pm - Reply

Very nice!

10. Gordana Balac December 27, 2013 at 5:33 pm - Reply

Sweet? Where? I cant see her!

11. Robert Forrister December 27, 2013 at 6:01 pm - Reply

I believe that this is the best photo you shared this year. Wonderful composition lovely calming mood captured

12. steve baarstad December 27, 2013 at 11:03 pm - Reply

Smoth as glass forget the past letting it all go piece by piece finally at last in my mind thes
    Thoughts leaving me blind maybe n of a kind +++ whata great shot