Onward

By |2013-12-16T00:22:54+00:00Dec 12th, 2013|
I always love a photo that can instantly stir up the chill in the air that I felt when I was standing there, taking it. There’s something to be said about really getting your feet wet in freezing water.

1. George Fletcher December 12, 2013 at 7:38 am - Reply

Wow! Absolutely love this!

2. kimberton pemberly December 12, 2013 at 7:46 am - Reply
  3. Clao Wue December 12, 2013 at 7:48 am - Reply

Well, this pic was worth icy feet, wasn't it?

4. Greg Poulos December 12, 2013 at 8:07 am - Reply

There's also something to be said for using slightly longer glass and staying dry. And warm

5. Jason Harris December 12, 2013 at 8:19 am - Reply

Just lovely Brian

6. Brian Bonham December 12, 2013 at 8:23 am - Reply

Just imagine getting your feet wet in the Pacific off the shores of Hawai'i… so nice.

7. Cathy Cooley December 12, 2013 at 8:45 am - Reply

Great shot!

8. Aadesh Bhansali December 12, 2013 at 9:24 am - Reply

is it really natural?  whatever it is, it's awesome indeed….

9. Doug Dillon December 12, 2013 at 9:32 am - Reply

Thanks for sharing +Brian Matiash . I like the shot and perspective. I was thinking how viewing photography is so much about being a good detective. You describing being chilled taking this shot is something I had already come to the conclusion to. Looking around the photo, I see fall leaves, which tells me it was probably chilly. Since you're shooting with a 24 mm focal length, it stands to reason since you didn't have any shoreline in the photo, you were probably in the water. Maybe adding a touch of blue to the water might help in portraying the cold (maybe you did….I know you usually do that in post). Anyway, great scene with a great story, as you always do!

10. Amy Heiden December 12, 2013 at 9:33 am - Reply

There'd have been more to say if you had gone swimming… ;-)

11. Sera Unlu December 12, 2013 at 9:55 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash you are such a great photographer!

12. lang martin December 12, 2013 at 11:21 am - Reply

Very nice .. wow..

13. ryan reece December 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm - Reply

Nice pic

14. Sunny Wu December 12, 2013 at 4:06 pm - Reply

nice silky look

15. Cynthia Pyun December 12, 2013 at 4:34 pm - Reply

That will not happen on your vacation, +Brian Matiash  ;)

16. irvan bumen December 12, 2013 at 6:32 pm - Reply

Nic

17. Edgard Suganob December 13, 2013 at 4:52 am - Reply

woooh…. so nice..

18. gamal badr December 13, 2013 at 9:54 am - Reply

هناك شعور بكوثرة الماء المتأجج أسفل هذا الشلال , أنه شعور بالخلق , بالوجود .