Don’t forget to look up

By | 2013-12-29T18:25:38+00:00 Nov 24th, 2013|
I suspect that you (and your camera) will often reap the benefits. :)

This church ceiling was taken in Lapari, Italy. It was tone-mapped with Photomatix 5 and stylized in Nik Analog Efex Pro.

1. Federico Cacnio November 24, 2013 at 9:39 am - Reply

great

2. Jermaine Jordan November 24, 2013 at 9:39 am - Reply

now that is what jermaine calls pretty hit us up on g4g

3. Frank Compani November 24, 2013 at 9:39 am - Reply

Excellent Work

4. Danail Ivanov November 24, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

Beautiful

5. Alison Arbo November 24, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

OMG That is SO beautiful…..look at the detail, the guards….OMG

6. Arne Lepla November 24, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

7. Sunny Wu November 24, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

Cool shot!

8. Christopher Santos November 24, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash  , did you use a tripod, single-pod, etc.?  At 1.6s exposure, my hand isn't very steady and I would be very impressed if image stabilization works that well.  It is a very beautiful photograph.

9. LINDA WALTERS November 24, 2013 at 12:39 pm - Reply

so beautiful

10. Topher Martini November 24, 2013 at 12:39 pm - Reply

Don't forget to look up… words from a true New Yorker ;)

11. Pam Mayberry November 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm - Reply

Wow +Brian Matiash this is beautiful! I recently became obsessed with ceilings (and floors to a lesser extent) on a trip to England. I had trouble holding the camera still while looking up, even resting it on my face. Any suggestions when tripods aren't allowed?

I have to admit I ended up lying right center line on the floor in several places, even right in the middle of the magnificient Christ Church in Oxford, England. Nothing else really worked and I did ask to be sure it was okay! The Day Chaplain gave me permission, but from the look on his face, I'm quite sure it was the first time he had that question!

12. Vonda Broughton November 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm - Reply

This is the Real Ultimate ..

13. amber gilyard November 24, 2013 at 7:39 pm - Reply

That is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!……where is that place?

14. Abegail Merced November 24, 2013 at 7:39 pm - Reply

Breathtaking!!!

15. yusuf shale November 25, 2013 at 2:39 am - Reply

+Abegail Merced
     i dont think

16. Genesis Guzman November 25, 2013 at 8:39 am - Reply

Amazing!!

17. Abegail Merced November 26, 2013 at 12:39 pm - Reply

+ yusuf YUSSUFF You don't think it's breathtaking? Or you don't think? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's my opinion that it's breathtaking.

18. Howard Barlow November 27, 2013 at 8:39 am - Reply

Look up, look behind you. That's a great image, Brian. I love the cool tones of the lower level, contrasted against the color of the ceiling.

19. Aamir Akash November 27, 2013 at 8:39 pm - Reply