The Inevitable Path

By | 2013-12-29T19:45:32+00:00 Mar 21st, 2013|

One of my favorite things about photographing at this Bandon, OR beach in the evening was watching the transformation of colors as each minute went by. I plopped myself behind this one rock because served as a really nice foreground element and had a convenient tide pool forming around it. It’s always nice when peace of mind is in harmony with peace in front of the camera.

I stylized in Lightroom 4.3 and went heavy with contrast and vignette. I intentionally didn’t want to retain too much tone beyond the orange haze of the sunset. I let most of the color fall into that cool blue realm as I felt it further added to the sense of solitude and stillness.

1. Scott Wyden Kivowitz March 21, 2013 at 8:48 am - Reply

If you could bottle awesome, then this is it.  Liquid awesome!

2. Chuck Mitchell March 21, 2013 at 8:49 am - Reply

True that +Scott Wyden Kivowitz !!!

3. Steve Lippman March 21, 2013 at 8:56 am - Reply

I have a landscaper that can do this on your beach property. So beautiful!

4. Scott King March 21, 2013 at 8:58 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash I just watched +Trey Ratcliff 's hangout/live show from earlier in the week. How come you're always hiding behind +Nicole S. Young? I feel like you deserve you're own chair and screen!

Sidenote: I love this photo. It reminds me of some of the blue-hour shots that +Matt Kloskowski does but in a very Matiash-way.

5. Brian Matiash March 21, 2013 at 9:05 am - Reply

+Scott King HA! +Trey Ratcliff and +Dave Veffer have been super kind to me and have asked me on the show numerous times but it usually conflicts with one thing or another. However, if I'm home and Nicole is a guest, I love popping in for a cameo. Most of the time, I'm just laughing too hard listening to +Gino Barasa. That dude needs a permanent IV drip of Wild Turkey.

6. Linda Green March 21, 2013 at 9:11 am - Reply

WOW, I love the moodiness!!!  Great Great light…good capture Brian!!!

7. Leo Deegan March 21, 2013 at 9:33 am - Reply

Great shot +Brian Matiash , and nice spot. I appreciate your processing insights. I wouldn't've guessed you added vignette to the shot

8. Laura A March 21, 2013 at 10:08 am - Reply

Super beautiful !

9. Vieri Bottazzini March 21, 2013 at 10:39 am - Reply

Beautiful.

10. Paul Wright March 21, 2013 at 10:43 am - Reply

Composition and LE both work well, cool capture, captivating imagery

11. Stefan Brenner March 21, 2013 at 10:55 am - Reply

Great capture Brian.

12. Melody Migas March 21, 2013 at 11:43 am - Reply

Beautiful shot and style. Makes me want to go play with LR & OnOne right now.

13. Ola Kunle March 21, 2013 at 1:34 pm - Reply

wow!

14. Nate Parker March 21, 2013 at 2:31 pm - Reply

So beautiful foreground!

15. Gino Barasa March 21, 2013 at 6:59 pm - Reply

+Brian Matiash – believe it or not – you are a bad influence on me during the show.  I can hear you off screen cracking up and that just stokes me to toss more zingers.  I frequently wonder if Trey ever regrets having me on, but he keeps inviting me back.  So…. until he tells me to ease up I'm just keeping the foot on the floor.  The "You are two wild and crazy guys" comment really cracked me up.  Not sure why, but I think Alex's inability to understand the reference made it even funnier to me.  Then the "This goes click" comment just ended me.  That show was really fun for me.

16. Gaelle Bienaime March 22, 2013 at 8:35 am - Reply

this is so awesome

17. magass ibe March 22, 2013 at 9:17 am - Reply

like these things .

18. Tarkan Erimer March 22, 2013 at 12:37 pm - Reply

Wow! Very beautiful scene & capture.

19. Deana Lamb March 23, 2013 at 6:10 pm - Reply

This is Harmony, Peace and Balance!!!

20. Janet lilethia Harvey March 26, 2013 at 8:43 pm - Reply

love this

21. best riding lawn tractor October 17, 2013 at 10:58 am - Reply

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve have in mind your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful.

I really like what you have bought right here, really
    like what you’re saying and the best way through which you are saying it.
    You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it smart.
    I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is really a
    tremendous site.

Feel free to visit my web page :: best riding lawn tractor