Heaven, thy name is Vivonne Bay

By | 2013-03-08T22:24:40+00:00 Mar 6th, 2013|

Yesterday, Nicole S. Young rounded off our second day on Kangaroo Island, just off the coast of Adelaide, South Australia. If I had to sum up this place in one work, it would simply be Pristine. The land, the animals, the people – all unspoiled. We flew into the Kingscote air field and spent two days touring around various animal sanctuaries and taking in the beautiful, arid landscape.

I think the highlight of the trip was getting right up close and personal with a group of joeys and kangaroos along with petting a small cluster of koala. All of the ideas that I had about Australia have thus far been realized and I can’t wait to see what our final week here brings about!

All stylization and editing was done in the Develop Module of Lightroom 4.3.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”-35.99669″ lon=”137.18397166666668″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE”]

1. Amy Heiden March 6, 2013 at 1:36 pm - Reply

Wow, paradise. You kids are lucky!

2. Robert Forrister March 6, 2013 at 1:41 pm - Reply

I am beginning to get the idea that you really really like Australia.

3. Robert Forrister March 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm - Reply

Very pretty photograph. Is the water truly that blue?

4. Brian Matiash March 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm - Reply

+Robert Forrister I am loving Australia. It is wonderful beyond words.

The water was that blue. +Nicole S. Young commented on more than one occasion about the color. The only bluer water that I've seen was at Crater Lake in Oregon with +Brian Bonham.

5. Lesley Unwin March 6, 2013 at 1:51 pm - Reply

fabulous Brian

6. Tony Paldanius March 6, 2013 at 1:54 pm - Reply

very nice shot

7. Robert Forrister March 6, 2013 at 1:56 pm - Reply

Please tell your lovely that her presets are awesome.  I have used them for a few days and I like them very very much.  Enjoy the remainder of your trip.  I and my wife are living vicariously through your lenses.

8. Nicole S. Young March 6, 2013 at 2:01 pm - Reply

+Robert Forrister Thanks so much! I'm glad you like them :)

9. Brian Matiash March 6, 2013 at 2:01 pm - Reply

Cheers, +Robert Forrister. The message has been relayed. Smiles have been issued.

10. kimberton pemberly March 6, 2013 at 2:02 pm - Reply

oh man, what a horrible view.
    it's a shame that Australia is so ugly.

winkyFace

11. James Duncan Davidson March 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm - Reply

Y'all are rocking it. Love the photos and thoughts.

12. Robert Forrister March 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm - Reply

So where are the photos of you two together sharing a sunset or sunrise?  Inquiring minds want to know.

13. Jahkeem Johnson March 6, 2013 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Nicee

14. Rita Gutierrez March 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm - Reply

I like thank you

15. Sara Collaton March 6, 2013 at 2:50 pm - Reply

heavenly

16. farah godoy March 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm - Reply

Esta muy bien!

17. Yvette Johnson March 7, 2013 at 4:39 am - Reply

What an awesome view! Great pic. Australia sounds awesome. I have been wanting to go, but now after hearing about your experience and seeing this view, I REALLY want to go :-)

18. James Collins March 7, 2013 at 7:10 pm - Reply

Great photo +Brian Matiash! I'm assuming you used a filter(s) in order to be able to get a 51 sec exposure time at 10am in the morning?
    Thanks :)

19. Brian Matiash March 7, 2013 at 8:42 pm - Reply

+James Collins Oh sure. :) I had a 10-stop Lee Big Stopper and a 2-stop Circular Polarizer on. That was a lot of sun to cut down.

20. James Collins March 7, 2013 at 8:51 pm - Reply

Thanks for the info +Brian Matiash . I have a CPL but haven't got any ND filters yet. They're next on my to-buy list. I'm heading along to the photowalk tonight so I'll see you there!

21. home Surveillance June 21, 2013 at 8:52 pm - Reply

Hello there, I just wanted to see if you ever have had any problems with hackers?
    My last drupal blog at http://brianmatiash.
    com/2013/03/06/heaven-thy-name-is-vivonne-bay/ was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work
    due to no backup. Do you have any tips to stop intrudersBy the way, is your template custom
    designed or did you download it from elsewhere? A look similar to yours with
    a couple of quick adjustments would actually make my
    page stand out. Tell me where you got your template when
    you get the chance.

22. invoice factoring companies August 26, 2013 at 11:08 pm - Reply

My name is %name&% and first off I would like to say outstanding
    site. If you don’t mind, I just have one quick question. What do you do to clear your head and find your center of focus before you sit down to write? I have had problems with clearing my mind in order to get my ideas out. I love writing once I get into it, but in most cases I feel as if I end up losing the first ten to fifteen minutes pushing myself to concentrate. Do you have any suggestions or techniques?