It’s all a matter of perspective

By |2013-02-01T10:31:33+00:00Feb 1st, 2013|

I’m really excited about how the video portion of this week’s episode of Perfect Inspiration turned out. For those who may not know, I started a weekly web series here at onOne Software last year that is dedicated to lessons gleamed from inspiration while shooting on location. A new episode airs every Friday at 9AM Pacific/US and recently, I’ve started asking some of my favorite partners to contribute to the series. People like Nicole S. Young, James Brandon, Matt Kloskowski, Karen Hutton, Alan Shapiro, and Colby Brown, just to name a few.

I actually take the helm for this week’s episode that revolves around the literal and figurative concept of perspective. I do hope you take the time to watch the video. It features a little cameo by our favorite Brian Bonham and also includes a start-to-finish walkthrough of how I edited this image. Enjoy!

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”36.344167″ lon=”-116.865556″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE”]

1. Fernanda Silva February 1, 2013 at 9:40 am - Reply

Misteriosa essa foto, mas muito bonita

2. Kristina Pierce February 1, 2013 at 10:19 am - Reply

I followed the map location . . . wow, is that a remote spot!  How fun to follow your passion.

3. Deana Lamb February 1, 2013 at 10:40 am - Reply

Your Contributions are Priceless!! Thank you!!

4. Amy Heiden February 1, 2013 at 10:55 am - Reply

Loved this one (image and video). Checked out Matt's from last week as well. I really need to remember to watch more of these. I dig!

5. Susan David February 1, 2013 at 2:14 pm - Reply

+Brian Matiash Stunning shot and I love the low persepctive.

6. Alistair Nicol February 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm - Reply

These are so cool.  Really want to head out there and try my hand at this composition.  I can only imagine how difficult it is to get just right.

7. Chris Greene February 1, 2013 at 9:44 pm - Reply

you boring mother fucker even your photos won't get you laid poseur

8. Doug Dillon February 2, 2013 at 8:18 am - Reply

great job Brian!!! Really enjoy those!!! Wonder what perspective would look like with a ladder and getting up real high.

9. Susan LaDuke February 7, 2013 at 9:43 pm - Reply

An incredible idea! What fun; and yup it surely is a secluded out of the way location.

10. Sue Morse February 10, 2013 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Hi Brian – I plan on purchasing OnOne software to use with Aperture 3. Photoshop (sorry) scares me, but with OnOne I think I will be able to handle. So thank you for all the great videos – I've been watching and studying before I buy. I still have a long way to go as a photographer…so don't laugh at my photostream :).