Dreaming of Omaha

By | 2013-01-26T09:53:12+00:00 Jan 26th, 2013|

Well, Lincoln would be more accurate. This was the very first hay bale that I had ever seen in my life so I naturally had to shoot it. We visited Nebraska in the peak of the summer season so I wanted my processing style here to reflect the ridiculous humidity we experienced. Overall, this rural area of Nebraska really is charming and beautiful. Oh, and it has lots of corn.

I applied a modified version of the Dirty Bird vintage effect as well as my favorite Rice Paper Light paper texture overlay in Perfect Effects 4 by onOne Software.

Final touches were applied in Lightroom 4.3.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”40.858654″ lon=”-96.972196″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE”]

1. PJ Ammidon January 26, 2013 at 10:17 am - Reply

That's Nebraska! Captures it well +Brian Matiash :) Brings back memories of many a summer spent there…

2. Scott Wyden Kivowitz January 26, 2013 at 10:25 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash Love the placement in the photo

3. Paul Nuzum January 26, 2013 at 10:34 am - Reply

Sweet! I was born in Omaha but I haven't been there since birth. Would love to visit someday

4. Jake Johnson January 26, 2013 at 11:07 am - Reply

I think you are the 1st person to ever dream of Omaha.

5. Brian Matiash January 26, 2013 at 11:25 am - Reply

+Jake Johnson Nah, I think Adam Duritz of Counting Crows beat me to it.

6. Akvilė Garbačiauskaitė January 26, 2013 at 1:03 pm - Reply

Reminds me Lithuanian landscape very much.

7. leonard jackson January 26, 2013 at 1:09 pm - Reply

So, what are we commenting on the fields or the skills?

8. Susan LaDuke February 7, 2013 at 9:51 pm - Reply

Yeah the days of baling hay in rectangular blocks are for the most part, gone. Spent many hours years ago, doing just that. Rural life on a farm is quite a struggle, and you're totally at the mercy of Mother Nature and whatever she's in the mood to dish out (as you noted with hideous humidity levels) Really love this expansive shot: sprawling fields and brilliant skies!

9. leonard jackson February 8, 2013 at 9:40 am - Reply