The Weeping Rocks

By |2013-02-11T23:15:39+00:00Dec 10th, 2012|

I hate packing. But then again, who actually likes it? Fortunately, my woes will be over on Wednesday when movers… move my earthly possessions a whole whopping 2.5 miles.

But, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a few moments to share an image with you. I processed it today at the onOne office, trying out some new techniques with the Suite. I grabbed it at Elowah Falls a few weeks back with Brian Bonham. Once the dust settles with this move, I can’t wait to get back out and enjoy the beauty of this area some more.

First, I fiddled around in Lightroom 4.3 RC to get proper tonality. This helped bring out the shadow details that were mostly dark.

Next, I applied Magic Forest and custom Tone and Color Enhancers with Perfect Effects 4 by onOne Software. I then decided to see how well I can render the background out of focus using FocalPoint 2. I was really happy with the results as it really makes the central rock pop.

Final touches were applied in Lightroom 4.3 RC.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”45.61113″ lon=”-121.9940″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE” 940 /]

1. Anto Lejel December 10, 2012 at 9:09 pm - Reply

nice…

2. muzammal iqbal December 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm - Reply

Nice…

3. Ron Clifford December 10, 2012 at 9:12 pm - Reply

Stunning image Brian.  did you get my message last week?

4. Michael Hatten December 10, 2012 at 9:20 pm - Reply

+Brian Matiash When you moved over here a year ago or so I remember you saying something about the movers losing one of your lenses..  Did you ever find it?

Love Elowah Falls.

5. Vladislav Kubica December 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm - Reply

Moc šikovný pán.

6. Brian Matiash December 10, 2012 at 9:46 pm - Reply

+Michael Hatten Ahhh yes. The missing box. Thankfully, it was recovered in some farmer's barn (I wish I was kidding). Thankfully, it was recovered in perfect shape.

7. Michael Hatten December 10, 2012 at 9:50 pm - Reply

Farmers Barn… Now if only the lens could talk about how it got there… lol

8. Ron Bearry December 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm - Reply

Beautiful photo.

9. Craig Pifer December 10, 2012 at 10:04 pm - Reply

Good luck on the move +Brian Matiash, sure hope they don't lose anything this time.

Quick question for you: I've got Perfect Effects 4 Free installed, but every time I exit the program I get a message telling me that it has stopped working, giving me the option to check online for a solution or to close the program. I've noticed this when using it within Lightroom, and the standalone version. Any ideas on this? Running this on Win7, 64 bit, 4GB RAM

10. Brian Matiash December 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm - Reply

+Craig Pifer Hmmmmm – best bet for that is to reach out to onOne T/S. We're very keen on new Windows-related issues. http://www.ononesoftware.com/support/contact-ts.html

11. Pat Jackson December 10, 2012 at 11:03 pm - Reply

nice pic………….

12. József Vértes December 11, 2012 at 1:24 am - Reply

Ragyogó felvétel .

13. Wilma Agosto December 11, 2012 at 2:03 am - Reply

Wow, looks beautiful

14. Scott King December 11, 2012 at 2:54 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash Are there any cheat-sheets/descriptions out there for which effects look nice with which things like. For example:

Cyberpunk – Really enhances metals
    Magic Forest – Great for brining out greens
    Vecchio – Works wonders for bringing out the tone of wood

Or is that something that just doesn't exist?

15. Mohammed Mandleywala December 11, 2012 at 3:57 am - Reply

Very eye catching – god's own creation.

16. Anthony Goodrich December 11, 2012 at 5:36 am - Reply

Very cool pic thank you

17. Ankush Rawal December 11, 2012 at 6:11 am - Reply

very nice

18. Jyoti Virkar December 11, 2012 at 8:16 am - Reply

Amazing

19. Adilson Dias December 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm - Reply

Oi

20. Dorota Musiał December 12, 2012 at 10:09 am - Reply

trudno wyrazić słowami- natura jest piękna