Welcome to Fall Creek Falls

By |2012-11-28T21:35:31+00:00Nov 28th, 2012|

The Story

It’s rainy and gloomy here in Portland so I figured a nice summery shot of Fall Creek Falls would be in order. I hiked out to this place a few months ago and  despite the constant incline getting to these falls, the view was more than a sufficient reward. My only regret here was not having much of a foreground to provide a sense of scale.

Most of the editing was done in +onOne Software Perfect Effects 4. I applied Magic Forest, Rich Glow and a custom Tone Enhancer.

Final touches were applied in Lightroom 4.3 RC.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”45.910249″ lon=”-121.913862″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE” 940 /]

1. Bri Reichenbach November 28, 2012 at 10:03 am - Reply

beautiful picture :)

2. JaeLynne De Jesus November 28, 2012 at 10:04 am - Reply

that is pretty amazing!

3. Marta Zoyo Jimenez November 28, 2012 at 10:06 am - Reply

beautiful photo

4. Carol Corbin November 28, 2012 at 10:06 am - Reply

awesome and beautiful.

5. saurav semwal November 28, 2012 at 10:06 am - Reply

amazing! shot

6. camila cardenas November 28, 2012 at 10:06 am - Reply

awesome picture….

7. Doug Dillon November 28, 2012 at 10:14 am - Reply

Beautiful shot Brian!! Thanks for sharing. I love Magic Forest. It's one of my favorites in PE4. I've used so many effects you've shown in your inspiration series and I appreciate so much your showing them to us. I'm finally learning how to effectively use OnOne software to get the looks I'm after. Also thanks for the Blog post on Scott Kelby with the definition of amateur. I fall into that category and that was really insightful. It's so true. I guess you'd call me a serious enthusiast but it doesn't matter because in the end, we all strive to capture or create something in our minds or something we saw. Don't know that I'll ever be a professional (I'm retired now) but I sure enjoy spending my time learning and shooting. I am getting more requests from family and friends but I just do this for fun. Thanks again!!!

8. Michael Riffle November 28, 2012 at 10:18 am - Reply

Great composition and way to deal w/ the dynamic range caused by that pesky sun. Really nice.

9. Nicki Minaj November 28, 2012 at 10:19 am - Reply

this is just…….wow X]

10. Eric Leslie November 28, 2012 at 10:20 am - Reply

Based on the size of the trees, this thing must be huge!

I'm sure there will be another day. I need to have a few full days up there next time. Not a quick fly-by in the rain :)

11. Rachel Sifers November 28, 2012 at 10:43 am - Reply

The waterfall looks like pale purple-blue silk cascading to the ground.  And the greens. . . wow, they are so vivid as to almost not appear real.

12. kalie king November 28, 2012 at 10:44 am - Reply

so cool

13. Leon Turnbull November 28, 2012 at 2:39 pm - Reply

Stunning! Amazing greenery.

14. Ishafizan Ishak November 28, 2012 at 3:23 pm - Reply

beautiful shot!

15. Sylvia Boek November 28, 2012 at 4:09 pm - Reply

great shot and all pure nature, love it

16. Shelly Gunderson November 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm - Reply