And now back to your regularly scheduled programming

By | 2012-11-19T11:19:04+00:00 Nov 19th, 2012|

The Story

After nearly two weeks of posting pictures from Cambodia, I thought it’d be nice to return back to some stomping grounds of grunge. I remember taking this image back in 2010 (from Wilkes-Barre, PA) because I was trying to get in and out of the area as quickly as possible. There were routine patrols going on and cameras were everywhere. Because effective use of time was critical, I made sure to have the fisheye lens on, camera docked on my tripod and settings locked in. All I had to do was drive up, verify focus and camera settings and get the brackets. I really only had one shot at this and am glad that it worked out! I love how the fisheye distorts the stacks.

Unfortunately, I don’t remember what I did to process this image. I know it predates Perfect Effects so it was likely edited in PhotoTools 2.6, onOne Software.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”41.2457″ lon=”-75.8810″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE” 940 /]

1. Angel Swagga November 19, 2012 at 10:39 am - Reply

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow it looks scary i want to go in there

2. Terrell Woods November 19, 2012 at 10:42 am - Reply

Ok Brian this one really rocks. This i guarantee will be the inspiration for some set designer for the the next Promethius movie. Something is in there…and it's coming out!

3. Alice DaU November 19, 2012 at 11:04 am - Reply

Looks like the great horned beast!  LOVE!

4. Maria Bracho November 19, 2012 at 11:39 am - Reply

As the name of this building in Cambodia, the shape that gives the camera lens seems gloomy structure, as in science fiction films related to other planets. Very good that image.

5. Jim Denham November 19, 2012 at 11:43 am - Reply

Cool distortion and movement! Good stuff and glad you could share it!

6. Conor MacNeill November 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm - Reply

Very dynamic!

7. Shelly Gunderson November 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Very neat shot!

8. Michel Nadeau November 20, 2012 at 3:12 am - Reply

Great shot am I’m glad to see that you had a fantastic trip and holiday

9. Luis November 20, 2012 at 4:52 am - Reply

Amazing work, love the fisheye perspective and of course the grudge processing too!

10. Darcy Michaelchuk November 20, 2012 at 7:10 am - Reply