A moment of street life in Phnom Penh

By | 2012-11-18T13:30:27+00:00 Nov 18th, 2012|

The Story

Thankfully, we got home safely around 3pm yesterday and concluded an amazing two week trek around Cambodia. After about 14 hours of sleep, jet lag is in full force as I feel like I OD’d on cold medicine. I feel like I’m two feet behind myself. But, it’s a small price to pay for the sort of experiences that I had.

We’re off to catch up on errands and what not but I wanted to share an image taken one evening in Phnom Penh. It really is the nightlife that amazed me most about PP. The locals would congregate, relax, eat street food, and buy their groceries. Motorbikes zipped all around and there was a certain palpable energy that just wasn’t present when the sun was up. It was certainly a great time to roam the streets.

This is a single image processed in Perfect B&W by onOne Software. Final touches were applied in Lightroom 4.3 RC.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”11.556644″ lon=”104.923062″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE” 940 /]

1. Michael Bonocore November 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Love this +Brian Matiash!

2. Keith Dixon November 18, 2012 at 1:38 pm - Reply

Man this is good +Brian Matiash

3. Bo Nielsen November 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm - Reply

Like the movement of the motorbike and a great BW conversion.

Just updated my OnOne pack, maybe I shuld check out that Perfect BW part ;)

4. Marcel Fendel November 18, 2012 at 1:54 pm - Reply

Ghostrider? ;-)

5. Kelly-Shane Fuller November 18, 2012 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Man, I'm digging Perfect B&W, I kinda need to get out and get a real copy before my demo expires :P

6. Shawn Highfill November 18, 2012 at 3:20 pm - Reply

welcome home, glad you had a great time. Sleep well.

7. Fizz lee November 18, 2012 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Excellent shot

8. Nigel Cooke November 18, 2012 at 3:48 pm - Reply

I'm writing this from Cambodia … It is indeed a beautiful place. The people have captured my heart … I'll be back

9. Kathy Porupski November 18, 2012 at 8:56 pm - Reply

Love everything about this capture… Welcome home and you kids get some rest! :-)

10. huynh duc nguyen November 18, 2012 at 10:40 pm - Reply

combodia better more than viet nam…

11. Amy Braswell November 19, 2012 at 5:43 am - Reply

Welcome back to the USA!  Really enjoyed your photos from Cambodia…actually enjoy all of your posts and videos from OnOne. I have learned so much from reading your posts and watching your videos.  I was watching some archived webinars on the OnOne website and really enjoyed the ones where you worked on images submitted by users.  Any chance we can get more of those?

12. Mary Broussard November 19, 2012 at 8:11 am - Reply

Welcome home Brian – loved your photos and happy you are safely back! :)

13. Ed Law November 20, 2012 at 4:18 pm - Reply

It IS good to be home, isn't it??  Great trip and awesome pics.  Looking forward to your videos which surely will have some of these.

Love the new B&W.  Shoot a lot of Infrared.