Thinking back on Epcot

By | 2012-10-29T15:49:35+00:00 Oct 20th, 2012|

The Story

I’m not sure why my recent trip to Epcot crept up in my mind last night, but it put me in the mood to edit more photos from that day. This is one of the last shots I took as we made our way back to our vehicles for the night. That day was too much fun. I can’t wait for the sequel.

This is a tone-mapped image using Photomatix Pro. I ended up masking in one of the original skies because the tone-mapping had some adverse effects on it. However, it did wonders to the foreground.

Stylization was just a combo of Tonal Contrast and Rich Glow using Perfect Effects 4 by onOne Software. Not much more, really.

Final touches were applied in Lightroom 4.2.

[map w=”745″ h=”185″ lat=”28.37542″ lon=”-81.54950″ marker=”yes” z=”17″ maptype=”SATELLITE” 940 /]

1. Gilmar Smith October 20, 2012 at 9:44 am - Reply

WOW!!!! love this soooooo much! You miss us! we went back there yesterday and we of course talked about you (sorry I can't say what we talked about) ;)

2. Declan Finlay October 20, 2012 at 9:49 am - Reply

This place looks amazing! Dave Cristal, David Zhu and Joe Abbott, we must visit! :D

3. Curtis Farmer October 20, 2012 at 9:50 am - Reply

Great shot Brian! Our family are big EPCOT fans and I even proposed to my wife many years ago during the fireworks.  Always brings back great memories.

4. Hannah Stern October 20, 2012 at 9:51 am - Reply

wow…………….

5. Declan Finlay October 20, 2012 at 9:55 am - Reply

I could propose as well? Youtube video time! :D

6. Ivan Boden October 20, 2012 at 10:43 am - Reply

Brian, Nice HDR work! I love the colors.

I’m wondering about the darker spot on the sphere, if that could have been minimized or not. What do you think?

Did they allow you to have a tripod, or did you sneak one in?

Just curious, because I heard Disney was cracking down on “professional” looking cameras/lenses in their parks. (i hope not)

Anyway, I hope you got a chance to enjoy EPCOT! I haven’t been there since my kids were little!

7. Scott Starkey October 20, 2012 at 11:30 am - Reply

Disney should pay you. This makes me want to go there!

8. Joe Amoros October 20, 2012 at 11:45 am - Reply

My favorite park! This photo is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

9. Nicole Solan October 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm - Reply

I went to Florida 4 ma 6th bday. and then again this year in march. it is an amazing place seriously.

10. Kathy Porupski October 20, 2012 at 7:54 pm - Reply

Fantastic capture +Brian Matiash and I just love it! +Gilmar Smith and I were just there yesterday and talking about a sequel trip… Hope +Nicole S. Young can join us for round two. :-)

11. Declan Finlay October 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm - Reply

+Kathy Porupski What are the time and dates? :D Maybe we can arrange something professionally instead of a rumour of dates.