Just playing around

By | 2012-09-16T21:20:28+00:00 Sep 16th, 2012|

I love those rare Sunday evenings, after the errands have been completed, when I can just mess around with images from older catalogs. I stumbled onto this iconic landmark from Seattle and knew that I wanted to whip something up.  This one was edited rather heavily. I replaced the sky using Perfect Mask by +onOne Software (using one of the stock skies included with the Perfect Photo Suite). Next, I applied a radial blur to give the sky a sense of motion (anchored from the lower right corner). Finally, I gave it this black and white treatment using Perfect B&W, part of the new Perfect Photo Suite 7.

In album B&W and Monochromatic (1 photo)

Google+: Reshared 2 times

1. Uriah Awe September 16, 2012 at 8:15 pm - Reply

awesome shot!

2. Karen Hutton September 16, 2012 at 8:17 pm - Reply

GAH!! I love this rendition +Brian Matiash!! sigh.

3. Anabelle Laughlin September 16, 2012 at 8:18 pm - Reply

I LOVE  THE RESUL! MY ENGLISH IS NOT VERY GOOD BUT I CAN EXPRESS MY FEELINGS!

4. Elkyn Orellana September 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm - Reply

Sweet images.

5. pat dean September 16, 2012 at 8:20 pm - Reply

Very moving image.

6. Kathy Porupski September 16, 2012 at 8:22 pm - Reply

Awesomeness! Gotta find some time now that I am catching up to play around some more with my onOne Software as I love your post work +Brian Matiash

7. amal kalita September 16, 2012 at 8:23 pm - Reply

fantastic shoot…

8. Dung Nguyen Manh September 16, 2012 at 8:27 pm - Reply

go to heaven for ..

9. Cheryl Cooper September 16, 2012 at 8:35 pm - Reply

Love the contrast!

10. Sandy Gennrich September 16, 2012 at 8:43 pm - Reply

I know exactly where you are.  Iconic.

11. Sridevi Vijayan September 16, 2012 at 9:48 pm - Reply

marvellous shot…

12. Jens Lademann September 16, 2012 at 9:50 pm - Reply

Awesome Brian. And I thought you're now into Long Exposure ;-)

13. ROUNAK MISHRA September 16, 2012 at 10:30 pm - Reply

very cool

14. DeShaun Craddock September 16, 2012 at 10:36 pm - Reply

Pretty awesome treatment +Brian Matiash. Certainly wouldn't have known it was masked. Of course, that would be the point, right? :)

15. Khin Maung September 17, 2012 at 2:43 am - Reply

brightly !

16. Chrysta Rae September 17, 2012 at 2:46 am - Reply

Oh love this!!!

17. Darren Neupert September 17, 2012 at 5:05 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash When did you visit Seattle?  I love haunting the Pike Place Market on the weekends.  I live just 20 miles away.

18. Didit Mehta Pariadi September 17, 2012 at 5:21 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash this is the second time I saw a great edited (stylised) shots of neon signboards after the fist one appeared in your onone inspirations series. You make me want to shoot every single neon signs in my city… Thanks for the inspiration…

19. Eunice Ann Nduta Maina September 17, 2012 at 5:57 am - Reply

thats pretty cool..

20. Amy Braswell September 17, 2012 at 6:14 am - Reply

This isn't fair!  You're teasing us with all of this new stuff from Suite 7 and we have to wait until the end of October!!!  Great looking image.  Your photography inspires me to keep shooting.

21. Steve Kalman September 17, 2012 at 7:43 am - Reply

I sat in on a presentation at PSW that featured BW processing in LR. I've been playing around with that, and have some OK results but nothing to shout about.

When you consider that my first foray into photography was 40 years in a wet B&W darkroom, you'd think I'd have an eye for it, but it seems to be a forgotten language.

I"m very much looking forward to Suite-7's BW feature set. I very much like the idea of starting with "presets" so to speak and then tweaking them.

22. Daniel Hughes September 17, 2012 at 10:17 am - Reply

Beautiful photo, I love the long exposure and very nice treatment in black and white.

23. Joel Tjintjelaar September 17, 2012 at 10:32 am - Reply

Both LE sky and B&W look perfect:)

24. Brian Matiash September 17, 2012 at 11:04 am - Reply

+Joel Tjintjelaar That means a ton coming from you. I've been such a long-time fan of your work.

25. Frank Bramkamp September 22, 2012 at 3:00 am - Reply

giving the sky some motion (I sometimes use just the straight motion blur) gives the picture more dynamics. I like it with skyscrapers/tall buldings where you shoot upwards. Frank.