On Appreciating The 3-block Radius Mini-photowalk

By |2012-06-04T13:01:54+00:00Jun 3rd, 2012|

The weather in PDX on this lovely Sunday is perfect and laziness is in the air. I wanted to share a small gallery of images taken with and processed earlier today on my iPhone 4 (three of the images were processed on the iPad 3).

Whoever thinks that there just isn’t anything to shoot in the immediate vicinity of where they live just isn’t looking hard enough. Beauty and inspiration can be found nearly everywhere.

1. Sharon Strandskov June 3, 2012 at 6:26 pm - Reply

Very nice shots! A lot of the photos in my 365 Project were taken within my neighborhood, so I can definitely appreciate this.

2. Christopher Harnish June 3, 2012 at 6:39 pm - Reply

I'm trying to get loose with the phone and iPad a little more. I love the possibilities – especially capturing images like these. Looks like it was a nice walk!

3. Eustace James June 3, 2012 at 6:39 pm - Reply

I agree.  I can't go 100 steps without finding something to shoot.

4. Joseph Fanvu June 3, 2012 at 6:43 pm - Reply

good points. I feel the need to shoot something now.

5. Alexandre Fagundes de Fagundes June 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm - Reply

Nice images, congrats

6. Anson Jett June 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm - Reply

Nice capture!

7. Elaine Bastajian June 3, 2012 at 7:26 pm - Reply

I heartily concur, +Brian Matiash! My pretty Hillsboro neighborhood was the first place I started shooting when I bought my first digital point and shoot and it's still my primary subject now that I have a DSLR. I've probably taken pictures of every flower and tree in the neighborhood over the past four years :~)

In the past year I've ventured out a few blocks away to Dawson Creek Park, where there are baby ducks and geese, a blue heron, an eagle and a nutria. Proof positive that you don't have to drive for miles to find interesting things to photograph :~)

8. Magnus Fohlman June 3, 2012 at 10:00 pm - Reply

I'm very good at not taking pictures of my neighbourhood and this is definately something I need to work on more.

9. Lou McCorkle June 4, 2012 at 8:09 am - Reply

Some of my favorite images have been taken within a couple of blocks of home.  At the end of April I spent some time with a group of wild turkeys – right outside our front door (and I live in the suburbs). There were 4 males and 1 female.  The males were doing their best to impress the lady, displaying their beautiful tails, puffing up all over, and dancing around.  They were so preoccupied that they let me get in fairly close.  I spent half an hour watching them strut and show off.  I had a great time and got a couple of good shots.

10. Nick Nieto June 4, 2012 at 2:10 pm - Reply

I love mini photowalks around my neighborhood. You are completely right that if you look hard enough you can find an interesting image anywhere. Love the car