Back in Photoshop User Magazine!

By | 2011-10-24T09:10:48+00:00 Oct 23rd, 2011|

I love NAPP. I’ve been a member for many moons and have gone to a healthy number of Photoshop Worlds. The organization is filled with some of the nicest, most talented, and damn funny people that I know (eyes +Scott Kelby, +Matt Kloskowski, +RC Concepcion, +Nancy Masse, and +pete collins, to name a few).

Last year, I was selected as their Lightroom Featured Photographer, an honor that still gets to me. It was the first time that I was featured on the pages of Photoshop User Magazine.

I get to repeat that honor this month by writing about Perfect Effects 3, part of onOne Software’s latest Perfect Photo Suite 6 product lineup. It’s part of their ‘Turn On, Plug In, Max Out’ series and I’m very grateful to be a part of it.

If you’re not a member of NAPP, you really should take a close look at becoming one. It’s worth every penny and you get a year subscription to Photoshop User Magazine along with access to some of the best photo support content and helpdesk out there (eyes at +Nicole S. Young and +Rob Sylvan).

Disclosure
I am in no way endorsed by NAPP or KMG. I am fortunate to call all of these people my friends and colleagues and I have zero issue promoting what they’re selling because it’s some of the damn best resources out there.

1. Mark Rodriguez October 23, 2011 at 1:18 am - Reply

i have been a NAPP member since nearly day one and i concur with all your statements about it and it's people

2. Karin Nelson October 23, 2011 at 1:22 am - Reply

Do you have a link, for us search engine lazy people, +Brian Matiash?

3. Ian Loomes October 23, 2011 at 1:23 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash Well said Brian NAPP & Kelby Training are great, and money well spent for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge. Looking forward to reading your article, and can't wait to try the new Perfect Photo Suite 6.

4. Brian Matiash October 23, 2011 at 1:25 am - Reply

+Karin Nelson I know that you can download a digicopy of the magazine via Zinio but I don't think it's available online as a standalone article.

5. Samer K October 23, 2011 at 1:35 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash I have seen couple of tutorials and webinars that made me considering getting one. I just an enthusiast and not a pro. I use lightroom and thought some of the onone products are exactly what I need. I just need to upgrade my laptop to be able to use it smoothly :-)

6. Karin Nelson October 23, 2011 at 1:45 am - Reply

I think I found it, +Brian Matiash. Is it http://www.photoshopuser.com?

7. Ian Loomes October 23, 2011 at 1:47 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash are you planning any apps for the iPad?

8. Marco Ranieri October 23, 2011 at 1:50 am - Reply

I joined NAPP earlier this year. It is THE resource for photographers and digital artists who want the ultimate in creative as well as technical support. Plus you get to interact with really nice, creative, and supportive people! Thanks Brian.

9. Gudrun Schulze Ebbinghoff October 23, 2011 at 1:58 am - Reply

Brian, you're awesome, and I'm so glad to know you through NAPP!

10. pete collins October 23, 2011 at 2:00 am - Reply

Karin… yes the link is http://www.photoshopuser.com...
    Oh and Brian… it is a good thing you got recognized before I got here… Or I would have given you a different title… :D When are you coming down?

11. Shannon Adelson October 23, 2011 at 2:11 am - Reply

Haven't been in NAPP as long as +Mark Rodriguez but definitely concur. All those Kelby folks above are A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

12. Rob Sylvan October 23, 2011 at 2:23 am - Reply

Cool! Looking forward to the November issue hitting my mailbox.

13. Ivan Boden October 23, 2011 at 2:31 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash Congrats on all your success with Photoshop user magazine! Well deserved. :-)

14. Brian Matiash October 23, 2011 at 2:54 am - Reply

+Karin Nelson Oops! I thought you meant a direct link to the article. Yeah, http://photoshopuser.com is where you'll want to head to. :)

15. dene' miles October 23, 2011 at 2:59 am - Reply

Big congrats to you +Brian Matiash :)

16. Sara Collaton October 23, 2011 at 3:04 am - Reply

+Brian Matiash I'll trade ya a signed copy for a double decker grilled cheese ;)

17. Brian Matiash October 23, 2011 at 3:22 am - Reply

+Sara Collaton Deal.

18. Robert Mcmillan October 23, 2011 at 4:07 am - Reply

I'm a NAPP member, but if photoshop was as easy to use as onOne photo suite there would be no need to have all these tutorials and help desks. Brian add me to your circles, Ill make you a grilled cheese too :0

19. Joe Wilson October 23, 2011 at 4:30 am - Reply

I have been an NAPP member now for more than a year and will be for some time to come. :)

20. Cris da Rocha October 23, 2011 at 7:33 am - Reply

Happy NAPP member for almost a month already ;-)

21. Chris Frailey October 23, 2011 at 11:13 am - Reply

Looking forward to the release of PE3.

22. Larry Lato October 23, 2011 at 7:16 pm - Reply

I totally agree Brian. A little over 2 years ago I had PS Elements Ver.5 on my computer, hadn't even used the crop tool, and was just getting started. I had to purchase Elements to incorporate a set of images into a Power Point Project Management presentation the year before, otherwise I wouldn't have had the software. Then for some reason I got very interested in photography & Photoshop. I credit joining NAPP for where I am today. All of the Photoshop Guys are great, I couldn't be where I'm at now without the tutorials and webcasts, and the discounts more than paid for the membership fee let alone the knowledge transfer. I'm currently on CS5 and Lightroom 3, and the member discounts greased the way. Best investment I have made in my pursuit of the craft.

23. Barrie Brewer October 24, 2011 at 1:01 am - Reply

I've saved every issue of the magazine since June '06. It's a happy day when a new issue arrives in the mail.

24. Sparks Johnson October 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm - Reply

Yes it is … reading for a while. I try to take away something, at least one thing from every issue.

25. Debbie Garland October 25, 2011 at 10:59 am - Reply

Brian I have enjoyed the sessions you have provided us with NAPP. Thanks.